Friday, August 6, 2010

When a delivery man hocks a loogie at your work desk.

How does one react or how should one react when a delivery man walks into your office and hands over the expected parcel to you and then proceeds to hock a loogie in front of you with no shame?

Those of you who are unfamiliar with the word loogie let me give you a quick lesson. A loogie basically means when one spits a chunk of mucus or phlegm that sits in the back of their throat or if you are suffering with say some form of chest congestion. I’ve googled the phrase “to hock a loogie” and it appears that it is suggested that the word loogie is shorthand or slang for “lung booger”. I think the words lung booger say it all dontcha think?

Not only does one have to endure a delivery man hocking a loogie but along with that comes the disgusting noise that travels from the back of their throat and then having to watch them chew it and then swallow it.

Being that I am not in a happy head space at the moment I couldn’t even find the humour in it in fact I was repulsed and ready to throw my phone at him out of utter disgust. Instead I looked at him and asked “Are you right?” His response was to shrug his shoulders and say “Yeah”. I wanted to scream out “YEAH? YEAH??? Are you for fucking real you beastly piece of wasted human space!”

For a psychotic split second I wanted to ask him for his name and call the company he works for and represents and put in a complaint but what do you say” I wish to put in a formal complaint that your representative and courier hocked a loogie in front of me and in future could you please ask your employees to kindly keep their bodily fluids to themselves, in future it would be also greatly appreciated if they could kindly have some self control and some courtesy for us that have to endure their gross bodily functions that should be kept private or done in a bathroom!”

I guess I’m freaked out because I would never do something like that in public. I admit I have had moments in my lifetime when I have had to hock a loogie but I have always managed to keep them in confined spaces as in my own home or in a bathroom. This act or activity should be reserved and restricted when others are out of earshot. In Australia if I spat in someone’s direction and accidentally or purposely hit them with my loogie or with my spit I could be arrested. So isn’t this a reportable act?

The act of hocking a loogie is just downright rude and gross and I swear if this delivery man does this in front of me again just one more time I am going to go off tap and off my dial and lose the plot completely. No one should have to endure or suffer watching and listening to someone doing this.

I feel like my eyes have been violated and my ears have been raped. I now have the desire to just go and wash my hands and face, as I feel dirty!

DH

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment