Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reading Russell Brand’s book called “My Booky Wook”.

A work colleague was reading the book “My Booky Wook” by Russell Brand and I begged her if I could read it after her as I am an avid reader of anything autobiographical. I also felt the need to read some thing light and entertaining, as the book I just had finished reading prior to this one was rather deep.

I do not call myself a fan of Russell Brand in fact I would say that I am the complete opposite. I always thought that he was a bit of a twat and not the type of comedian that I can relate to or find funny. I also knew nothing about him only that he was engaged to Katy Perry and he had appeared in a movie called “Dating Sarah Marshall”. I found that movie very, very funny and I found that in this movie he wasn’t playing a character he was just playing himself. I’m probably wrong to say all that but that’s only how I interpret him if that makes any sense.

I always thought he was nothing but a British twat and a boring one to boot so I figured that by reading this book I would probably get to find out more about him and hopefully have my opinion of him change as to me he was just a misfit.

Well I have to say that Russell surprised me, as he is highly intelligent, rather funny, and quite honest. I thought that this book would be a simple read but that it was not!

His love of the English language was evident in this book and had me forever going through my dictionary to find out what certain words meant.

When I hear about celebrities and they go on about how hard their lives have been I have always done the air violin and thought oh you poor little dear. I say that with a truckload of sarcasm. You are crying about being poor yet you now make millions and millions per year yet here I am always being poor and still going to poor for the remainder of my life and you don’t hear me crying about it. It’s disappointing that celebrities are not more appreciative and thankful for the millions they now have!

Sadly though this Russell Brand really did have hard life but I loved the fact that he blamed nobody but himself for ruining his own career many a time over. I almost cheered when he said that there was no one to blame for his calamities but himself. Yay for once a celebrity admits being a fuck up and blames no one but himself or herself!! I loved the fact that he had a hard life but he wasn’t a victim.

Am I now a converted Russell Brand fan? Honestly no I’m not. I can say that I am definitely proud of him and no longer consider him just a British twat but I would never pay to go to one of his stand up gigs. Good on him for getting through his personal bullshit, dealing with his demons head on and getting on with life!

Kudos to you Mr Russell Brand!

DH

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment