Friday, July 23, 2010

My name is Dishevelled Happiness.

I've wanted to write a blog for so many years and have sat down on numerous occasions full of ideas and thoughts only to have me afraid of doing so.

Let me define afraid, when I say afraid, I mean it as if I write something and someone I know reads it what are the consequences going to be? What happens if I write something that truly offends? Am I going to be read the riot act by my family and friends? Am I going to start a "Dishevelled Happiness Family Civil War"? Am I going to be emotionally pushed towards Outer Siberia?

So I realised that my fear, yes FEAR, of what "ifs" ,and "should have, could have, would haves" had me cowering into the shadows and left me feeling as if I were censoring myself. I loathe censorship, I loathe people who don't take action, I loathe having to bite my tongue! So how can I loathe all these things yet be all those things?

So with that I decided that tonight I would bite the bullet and as the Nike ad reads: JUST DO IT!!!

So I sat here for a good hour contemplating on whether I should use my "real" name and thought long and hard and came to the realisation that it would be wiser if I created a character called "Dishevelled Happiness" I could be her but I would also be ME at the same time. All of ME. The real ME and not worry about what I want to express and how I come across. I could vent my spleen to the world and not worry about upsetting the people around me.

Sort of hypocritical yet a necessity in a sense. I can be ME and the only "fake" thing about having and writing a blog would be the name I hide behind. Yes JUST the name!

So with that I want to scream out at the top of my lungs: "Hello Blog World! I'm Dishevelled Happiness! Wont you join me on My Magical Carpet Ride!"

DH
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment