Sunday, September 12, 2010

I don’t like lazy Sundays as they lead to destruction!

The Husband and I had a million things to do but the poor thing has been up all night with some sort of gastro bug! I went in to our room this morning to wake him and see how he was feeling and to sort of motivate him to get up and try and ride through the discomfort.

We ended up getting into a little argument as he feels that I do not show him enough empathy. He doesn’t realise though that I am trying to be strong and positive and to try and encourage him to override the yukkiness of feeling sick.

I walked out of bedroom and sat in our lounge room fighting the tears away. I’m crushed that he thinks that I do not show him enough empathy when he is sick. Today’s argument made me look like I was some sort of selfish narcissistic cow and that I am not. I never have been and I never will be. I always, always put other people’s needs and wants before my own and that has always been a detriment to me yet I always think of others. So to be told I was not showing any empathy has sort of left me crushed emotionally.

I guess my parents have raised me to try and be strong and not let colds and flu’s and ailments slow you down. I guess though that my Husband doesn’t see what I am trying to do. When I am sick I take rest periods but I still continue with housework or whatever else needs my attention. I am no martyr but nothing slows me down. I wont allow things to slow me down. I push and push myself.

I’m saddened that I have upset him, as that was not my purpose; I love him too much to be a bitch towards him. I am upset that he doesn’t remember how sick I was the first time I met his family, it was his Fathers 70th birthday and I was so sick and had overdosed on pain relief and antihistamines that I was stoned but I rode it through. I guess we are made differently!

But anyways we stayed in all day and I cleaned the house whilst he nursed his head, stomach and bum! I want my husband to get back to his perky self and that’s my main and top priority but me being this bored only leads to danger and destruction. When I am bored I will find things to clean, or rearrange furniture, or clean out wardrobes. I cannot sit still.

So with that I thing my underwear drawer needs to be rearranged and colour coordinated!

DH

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment