Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dealing with the leeches

God Lord in Heaven what a hard few days The Husband and I have had with relation to dealing with the leeches. I call them leeches but they are commonly known as Real Estate Agents.

As my previous post explained The Husband and I found our dream home and fell in love with it instantly. That was on Sunday. Since Sunday we have literally been hounded and pestered via email and phone calls from the said leeches.

We had Section 32’s emailed to us; we had calls, calls, and more calls and then email after email after email. I have never felt so hounded and stalked. I had the day off work yesterday and spent the entire day trying to deal with them all whilst nursing the worst stress headache known to man.

We only viewed this home on Sunday and we were initially just driving past to take a look at the area, we only by sheer fluke found that this home was open for viewing. To say I have been turned off by this whole experience would definitely be the understatement of the year!

The Husband eventually put an offer on the property after 24 hours of being circled and corned by the leeches and he was basically told that they had a higher offer and see ya later. When I heard the news my gut just sank. My heart was so set on this home and I wanted it and imagined spending the rest of my life there.

I had researched all the amenities and even went to take another look at it yesterday from the outside not once but twice. I had planned where all our furniture would go and The Husband had even found some bookshelves online that he wanted me to look at.
Something just told the both of us that this house was going to be our next home. I was so excited and so looking forward to the next adventure and chapter in our lives.

Since we got the news that our offer was too low I have hardly slept, hardly eaten and I have come to work again with this stress headache. I am gutted, I am disappointed and I’m very teary. I sat in my office deflated.

I know that you don’t always get what you want but I have always been very focused and driven when it comes to what I want. What I want I get. I become extremely tunnel visioned and focused when I want and I strive to reach it.

I don’t believe that life is meant to hard. I believe that if you want something in life you go get it. This has sort of been the first time that my determination and drive haven’t gotten me to where I need to be.

I understand that everything happens for a reason and like The Husband told me last night as he hugged me close, you can’t mourn something that you didn’t have to begin with. Quite the philosopher aint he? He is so true and I just have to get back to my positive, strong, determined, happy self and see what the future holds for us.

I end with this: Never deal with a Real Estate Agent they are slimier and shiftier than a Car Salesperson! Very crooked people and a profession that I once held a lot of respect for but not anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment