Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spitting the dummy!

I am a happy person. I am always throwing positivity out to every one around me. I laugh and I laugh like I mean it but when my buttons are continuously pushed I crack and I hate it when I do!

I’ve said this before I feel like I am constantly venting on this blog and constantly focusing on the negative and I’m not coming across in my dishevelled happiness bliss. I am instead turning into an ugly, negative, sour puss and if you know me you will know that I am not like that at all.

This afternoon saw me spitting the dummy, for any reader not familiar with colloquial term as it’s really something that us Aussies tend to use (but I could be wrong) it means “to indulge in a sudden display of anger or frustration. The phrase is usually used of an adult, and the implication is that the outburst is childish, like a baby spitting out its dummy in a tantrum and refusing to be pacified” (Thank you to Urban Dictionary for the above definition). Also a dummy is what we Australians call a pacifier.

I get along with my superiors and we always come to some form of agreement and understanding but today I spat the dummy and angrily expressed myself without backing down and without any compromise.

I am sick and tired of all our good, hard working staff, and I include myself as I AM the hardest worker in my office, being treated like shit who work so fucking hard and we get absolutely nothing in return. No praise, no thank you, and no financial rewards. I am frustrated that my slack colleagues get what they want, when they want and yet I’m the one doing their job.

I work with a lovely young girl, Sally, who works just as hard as I do. We are passionate about our work and our work ethic is amazing yet we get treated like doormats and I’m not going to take this for very much longer.

Sally was supposed to have had two pay increases in the past 12 months as stipulated in her contract or letter of offer and today whilst going through her Wage Folder I stumbled across the fact. I did the right thing by my bosses and went straight to them rather than approach Sally and tell her of what I had found. The response I got just saw me seeing red and spitting the dummy.

I was told in a round about way to shut up about the fact and oops, yes someone has made an error and its not my fault its Claudia’s fault and then this statement “Well I don’t know what Claudia does”. How can the head of a company not know where his money is going? So I yelled and screamed and lost the plot. I then asked if this “error” was going to be rectified and I was told, “NO, it’s too late now”.

Deep down I thought, “Oh shit DH you are about to get fired and this is no time for you to be losing your job” Instead I then got nothing but silence and my boss hanging his head in shame and being embarrassed that he was caught out! Yet nothing is still being done about the fact and I loathe people ripping other people off. It’s so wrong and it’s such bad karma.

I don’t know what’s going to happen from here and I’m torn as to whether I have to inform my co-worker of what’s going on.

Bad Karma to you Mr. John!

DH

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment