Monday, August 16, 2010

I’m obsessed with my slow cooker and my rice cooker…


Name a kitchen appliance and I can bet you I’ve got it! I love kitchen appliances and love how easy they make my life!

My mum gave me a Slow Cooker as a wedding present and I was appreciative and placed it in my appliance cupboard. Yes readers I have entire double door cupboard that consists all of my appliances. Ok, so the said cupboard should really be utilized as a linen cupboard but when one woman has the amount of appliances that I do then it’s deserving to have an entire cupboard to stock them and admire them. YES I admire my appliances!

I would love it if The Husband could install those cupboard lights, you know the one I mean right? The ones that as soon as you open the cupboard it all lights up. Hmmm maybe I need to ask him to do that for our next wedding anniversary as a gift. But I digress…my mum had given me this slow cooker and I had never used it. One of my dear girlfriends is always telling me about her amazing slow cooker and the amazing meals she makes with it.

So I bit the bullet today and decided to make the most divine meal that I have had in a long while. I placed 3 chicken breasts in, along with some brown sugar, ketchup and kecap manis and cooked for 4 hours. Then 15 minutes before the chicken was to be served up I used my rice cooker that I use weekly!

I was apprehensive initially about the slow cooker as I have never eaten a meal that has been cooked in one and I had never used one myself until today. Seriously my apprehension was unnecessary as the chicken was so tender and so delicious. So much so that I am scrounging the Internet to find more recipes.

I love the simplicity of popping things into the appliances and then concentrating on other things and letting the appliances do their thing.

Enough jibber jabber about my appliances and I now have to go and clean the kitchen as it is in a state of disgrace!

DH

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment