Monday, August 30, 2010

I am unhappy with my workplace!

Today I had the day off work and it was so well deserved! I have been working so hard of late; well let me rephrase that, as all I seem to do is work hard. I left my previous job some 5 years ago as it was highly stressful and thought that my then new work place would be a little easier on the stress levels but alas its been quite the opposite.

I never in a million years thought that I would have to and be expected to work so hard and for such long hours and be paid a base salary. Its also extremely depressing when your work colleagues get pay rises and I am the one doing their job plus my own and have had a 50 cent pay rise in 5 years. Its sad and its unfair but I know that one day karma is going to bite my bosses in the arse and they are going to realise how good I am at my job, how dedicated I am and how hard I work.

What upsets me is that I don’t understand why I’m being treated this way. I question myself daily and part of me tells myself to sabotage myself and my work ethic, put the brakes on and take my time doing an average job, and see what happens but I can’t do it. Don’t think I haven’t asked for a pay rise because I have and I get the “we will see” comment or the beauty “we cant afford you on the pay that you are on now” HA! So laughable.

Last week one of my work colleagues told me she was given a pay rise and I almost burst into tears out of sheer frustration and disappointment. Don’t get me wrong Caitlyn deserves it as she works hard but its not fair.

I want to leave my current work place and start afresh somewhere new but when I weigh it all up it makes better sense that I stay where I am and wait it out. The Husband is always telling me to go back to my previous employer who is constantly asking me to come back. Part of me wants to go back but I have always been a firm believer that you should never look back.

So what do I do? Do I try and sit the head honchos down and discuss my sadness, frustration, disappointment, and anger with them? Do I try and get my point across and make them see that they have a hard diligent competent worker who is getting itchy fit and cabin fever and wants to leave?

I’m stuck in a rut here and I really don’t know what to do.

DH

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment